Thursday, May 15, 2014

Our homeschooling adventure

My husband and I have decided to homeschool our kids this fall. This was a tough decision for us. But since he got out of the Navy and we've settle into civilian life, we've realized that the public school the kids are slotted for sucks. We've been dealing with bullying, not very nice teachers and our son is falling behind yet they are still sending him to the next grade. After much debate we decided to give it a try. We have to try for them. I've gotten some not so nice remarks about our decision from friends and family but at the end of the day we have to do what we think is best for OUR kids. Especially my son. He needs one on one attention that he isn't getting in public school.

Anyway, I'm excited to start this adventure. B/c I know it will be just that, an adventure. There will be ups and downs and moments where I'm going to question myself. I want to give a huge shout out to all the parents that homeschool their kids. You rock!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I think you'll do great!! And you're doing right by him to make sure he's getting the best education possible!! <3 <3 <3